Weight: 25lbs 9oz 85th percentile
Height: 33 inches 95th percentile
- Is obsessed with spoons! He is always walking around with at least two spoons in his hands, always wants a spoon and knows where they are, eats with his spoon and say's the word 'spoon'!
-Benson loves to run and is remarkably fast!
-He loves to play with his airplanes and cars. It is so cute watching him lay on the floor and push has cars around making the 'vroom' noise. He flys his helicopter around and loves to take his pilot in and out of the cockpit. He has invented his own sound and sign language for helicopter that is just too cute!!
-He also has invented his own sign language for a bunch of other things as-well. For example, when he wants to read a book he pats his tummy over and over!
-Benson might not have all the words to communicate but I know without a doubt that he understands everything! I see the wheels turning. He will grab me things I ask for and often try and call things by the words I am using. He is such a little person now.
-LOVES his basketball and basketball hoop and is really good at making baskets! He also, on occasion, will ask to watch 'bball', which is a big deal bc we don't watch a lot of TV over here!
-Loves football too, almost as much as basketball! This all, obviously makes his daddy very proud!
-Benson winks for us and it's pretty funny! hehehe
-Loves to read books and would read them 24/7 if he could!
-Loves to read books and would read them 24/7 if he could!
-He no longer uses a bottle. We kicked those a couple weeks ago!
-Benson loooooves green smoothies and has one almost every day, which makes mommy very happy!
-A few of the words Benson says:
'Vroom, Vroom'
'Spoon'
'Bowl'
'Ball'
'Bball'
'Luz' (light in Spanish)
'Eye'
'Jesus'
'MomMom'
'Buh Bye'
'Dada'
'Bus'
'Go'
'Bus'
'Go'
'No, No'...not cool :/
'Bike'
'This'
'Yum Yum'
'Whoa'
'Whoa'
'Baca' (cow in Spanish)
'Globo' (balloon in Spanish)
'Agua' (water in Spanish)
'Book'
-Benson also has his own made up words for things too, for example our wallets and cards are called 'Nana' for some reason??? haha
-B lives for the outdoors and loves it! We are outside every afternoon.
-He knows and says almost all the animal sounds and its probably my favorite thing to do with him! He does sounds for...
'Monkey'
'Cow'
'Elephant'
'Dog'
'Cat'
'Tiger'
'Lion'
'Sheep'
'Duck'
'Bee'
'Fish'
- He still loves his bed and never wakes up from a nap or in the morning crying. He just plays and talks in there till I come get him. It is such a dream!
-He's a little better at not being such a picky eater. He will finally eat chicken and eggs! Success.
-He can climb on and off our couch
-He loves to give hugs and besos (kisses)
-His favorite game is chase and hide and seek
-Gets easily excited about things like his Mommy. He gasps when anything excites him!!
-Benson is very much a mama's boy. And although it's sweet and cute it is also very difficult at times too!
-He loves to cuddle Suki and makes an 'aww' sound when he does!
-Benson has 10 teeth!
-He loves to be the funny guy and make people laugh. He also still loves to be encouraged and makes the cutest grin when you cheer him on!
-Benson does 'knuckles' or 'pound it'! David's family calls it 'bones' so that's what Benson calls it too!
-He loves to be the funny guy and make people laugh. He also still loves to be encouraged and makes the cutest grin when you cheer him on!
-Benson does 'knuckles' or 'pound it'! David's family calls it 'bones' so that's what Benson calls it too!
-He loves to smell things just like his mom! He will smell everything and anything.
-I have realized after seeing Benson around other kids his age recently that Benson is pretty mellow like his daddy! He's not very mischievous and really doesn't get into things he shouldn't which is nice! I mean he has his cupboards that he loves to rummage through but other then that he is pretty content to play with his toys. I always think about my nephew Parker, you cant take your eyes off that boy! He is the king of mischief and climbs onto or into everything and same with a few of my friends babies too. It's really neat and fun to see Benson's personality coming out more and more everyday!
-Speaking of personality, Benson has started full blown tantrums this last week! Heaven help us!! If things don't go how he wants, or if I don't understand what he wants or if he cant have what he wants, then brace yourself people! We have mastered the art of ignoring the behavior and then talking about it with him after he's calmed down and it has seemed to help. He has also started hitting!..which means we may be starting timeouts here soon too! My baby is growing too fast, I'm not ready for this!!!
-Benson knows where his head, eyes, ears, nose, mouth, hands and feet are! He also loves to point them out on other people and animals.
-He also knows who Benson is! Whenever I ask 'Where's Benson?' He always points to himself!
-I have realized after seeing Benson around other kids his age recently that Benson is pretty mellow like his daddy! He's not very mischievous and really doesn't get into things he shouldn't which is nice! I mean he has his cupboards that he loves to rummage through but other then that he is pretty content to play with his toys. I always think about my nephew Parker, you cant take your eyes off that boy! He is the king of mischief and climbs onto or into everything and same with a few of my friends babies too. It's really neat and fun to see Benson's personality coming out more and more everyday!
-Speaking of personality, Benson has started full blown tantrums this last week! Heaven help us!! If things don't go how he wants, or if I don't understand what he wants or if he cant have what he wants, then brace yourself people! We have mastered the art of ignoring the behavior and then talking about it with him after he's calmed down and it has seemed to help. He has also started hitting!..which means we may be starting timeouts here soon too! My baby is growing too fast, I'm not ready for this!!!
-Benson knows where his head, eyes, ears, nose, mouth, hands and feet are! He also loves to point them out on other people and animals.
-He also knows who Benson is! Whenever I ask 'Where's Benson?' He always points to himself!
Ohh goodness, I could probably go on and on! So much has changed from 12 months to now! He is a little person in every way with not much baby left about him anymore. He continues to blow me away with all that he picks up and learns each day and I am so grateful that I get to be at home and a part of it all! I love this little boy more then I could even begin to describe. He is my little buddy, my best friend and my perfect reminder of the goodness in this world.
He is my sunshine!
He is my sunshine!
This is their, 'can we pleaseee go outside?' look! hehe
















No comments:
Post a Comment