Well this year was the first time ever that David and I finally sent out Christmas cards! I have always LOVED getting cards from our family and friends and figured it was about time we sent some out of our own. I wrote a Christmas letter to send out with our cards too so I thought I would post it on here as well. I'm thinking that Christmas letters are a thing of the past?? I dunno, thoughts?! Anyway, if you didnt get a card from us and you want one for next year, message me your address and I will add you to our Christmas card address book! (yes, I have finally put addresses in an address book!!)
Hello and warmest Christmas wishes
from the Pyne family! We hope that this holiday season finds you comfy, cozy,
happy and well!
This is officially our first Pyne
Family Christmas letter! YAY! Do people still do Christmas letters?? Well
anyway... here it goes...
What a wonderful time of year it is
to reflect on the birth of our beloved Savior and the wonderful Spirit felt
during the Christmas season, and to also reflect on our past year and all the
many experiences we have had along the way. Every year is full of up's and
downs because, well, that's just life and we are so grateful for ours! Here's a
little highlight summary of what we've been up to this year. For more details
check out our family blog at www.newlypynes.blogspot.com
David graduated this
past April with a business degree from Brigham Young University with an
emphasis on Global Supply Chain. He has looooved being done with school!
Although he thoroughly enjoyed schooling at BYU, at 8 months later he still
remarks on random occasions how grateful he is that he gets to come home from
work and be done... not have to worry about homework, papers or tests. Soo
nice!!
In May, David ended as
a Training Coordinator for the Senior Couples at the MTC after four years of
working there. A job that not only supported us in our young married years but
one that he has loved deeply. We are so grateful for the friendships we made
while there and for all that was learned! After ending at the MTC we had
planned accordingly so that when May rolled around we could just play and enjoy
summer! And so we did. We played until the end of June, literally..best summer
yet! What a great time it was to be able to have David home every day and
explore all of UT and do the things we had been wanting to do as a family before
our big move in July. We made that move to Arizona and David started work at
Honeywell Aerospace in Phoenix. He is in a leadership development program that
has him rotating to variety of supply chain related roles. His current role
is a global buyer. We feel BEYOND blessed to have landed such an incredible
job. Honeywell is the greatest company to work for and David is absolutely
loving it. We are so proud of David and all of his hard work, dedication and
tireless effort. (I am really refraining here to not wax poetic about that
wonderful husband of mine.) ;) All too many people are graduating with no job
opportunities so we feel truly humbled and grateful for not only the
opportunity, but for the amazing experience that this job will bring. David has
picked up fishing and it is a weekend favorite activity of ours. We love to
take Benson up to the river and be in the great outdoors.
I have settled into my
new "mom-mom" (as Benson calls me!) role very nicely. I absolutely
LOVE being a stay at home mom!! I have found my calling in life! There is no
greater joy then being able to be around our perfectly precious Benson. He
teaches me about patience every day and I am constantly learning something new
about myself. I tell ya, nothing puts you through the refiner's fire like
having a child! It's a constant learning experience of trial and error and I am
so blessed that Benson chose me to be his Mommy. I have never felt more sure of
myself and confident in my divine roll and purpose as I have had while being a
mother. It is truly the most rewarding job there is. I have also settled in
nicely to the desert life! We aren't over the moon about our desert backdrop
being home (I am more of a humid lush green type person) but we have met some
of the neatest people here and have already made great new friends. It is
feeling more like home every day!
David and I will be
celebrating 5 years of marriage on the 27th of December!! YAY! Not
sure why, but I feel that is Christmas card worthy! We are so grateful for each
other and deeply cherish our marriage.
Benson is a healthy,
happy, busy little boy! He is our greatest pride and our fullest joy!! He fills
our home to the brim with love and laughter and we can't imagine how we ever
really lived without him. He walks like a pro and border-line runs if you ask
me! (he's a fast little dude!) Benson is also quite the chatter box! He just
gabs and gabs all the day long. His favorite words to say are 'this', 'ball',
'vroom vroom', 'agua' which means water in Spanish, and 'luz' which means light
in Spanish. He is just so grown up these days I can’t hardly handle it! He
likes to stay busy with toys, chase Suki (the dog) and read books. He also
enjoys our morning walks with one of his friends and her Mommy, and our play
group every Wednesday, not to mention his love for the kids club every day at
the gym. This boy gets a lot of interaction and loves it! He is the absolute
best and so much fun! The light of our life in every way.
We hope this year has
been a good one for you filled with everything that brings the most joy and
meaning to your life. Please know that every one of you is in our prayers and
that we are grateful for the gift of you in our lives! We wish you and your
families all the very best in 2014!
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!
Love,
The
Pyne Family







No comments:
Post a Comment