Each stage in Benson's life thus far has been special and wonderful in different ways but this stage we are in right now is just too much fun! He is constantly making David and I laugh and each day he is discovering something new and trying different things. We are seeing his fun personality more and more and are loving the interaction he gives us. He is the greatest!
Every night I lay down in bed and think about how blessed our life is. I can honestly say I have never been happier then I am right now in all my life. Its a full all over happiness that I feel all the way to my toes. I feel complete. It has me wanting to shout my joys from a mountain top on a daily basis. I know real, perfect love and I feel it through my baby's eyes and in his sweet touch and it is truly my greatest blessing.
Ohh how I love my family.
Here are Benson's new findings from this last month:
* Benson crawls like a champ! We've survived our first month of being parents of a mobile child, or maybe I should say Benson survived!
* He pulls himself up on EVERYTHING! He will scale the walls while he walks around and is constantly wanting me to walk him around. It's a lot easier walking around with him now cause he just needs one hand for support instead of the usual two. Saves the back, ya know?!
* As mentioned above Benson loves to walk around! He's already taken his first couple steps on his own! Im thinking we're going to have a walker by his first birthday!
* We have phased out baby food for the most part. He still eats it every so often but usually its just regular food these days. He has tried everything! Seriously. He loves raspberries and bananas and cooked carrots and peas. He has tried spicy food and liked it and has tried really really sour food and liked it. We did the lime test on him a few months back and it was very anticlimactic, it didnt even phase him! So needless to say, he is not a picky eater! You name it, he's tried it. Even things Im not so proud of thanks to the Grandparents! (mom and dad...!)
* Benson loves to jump in his bed! He just loves his bed in general and always has. He never ever cries when I lay him down or when he wakes up. He just plays in his bed till I come in and get him. Something I think he gets from his Daddy!
* He drinks out of a sippy cup! He loves to drink water and gurgle it too!
* He has been climbing up the stairs for a couple weeks now but still hasn't figured out how to go down them, something that I think will take some practice.
*Loves to Dance and that kid has some moves!!
*Loves to Dance and that kid has some moves!!
* He is always where I am. If I am standing at the sink, he is standing right next to me at the sink, if I am putting clothes in the washer he pulling them out of the basket, if I am unloading the dishwasher he is standing at the dishwasher, same with cooking, cleaning, when Im at the computer, in the bathroom, getting dressed, on the couch etc. You get the idea, he's my little shadow. It's safe to say we are best buds!
* He's pretty good and playing by himself though, at least he is getting better at keeping himself entertained for more then 5 mins! Give him a few toy balls and he will be content for awhile!
* He is starting to throw everything. I think we've created a monster because that kid has an arm! We'll probably have to start implementing the 'no throwing in the house' rule here pretty soon..especially since the weather is getting nicer out.
*Benson has two more teeth coming in. He has been such a happy camper about it, thank goodness!
*Benson has two more teeth coming in. He has been such a happy camper about it, thank goodness!
* He loves to jibber jabber and it's one of my favorite things!
* His favorite animal noise is a monkey, he smiles/laughs every time! His other favortie is a Dog and when he sees one he points and starts panting like a dog.
* I feel like he is really understanding a lot. For example when I say, "lets go read a book", he takes off crawling over to the book shelf or when I say "Where's your ball?" he goes and finds one. Those are just a few examples! It is just soo neat and absolutely amazes me!!! When I can tell that he is done eating I ask in Spanish "all done?" and if he is then he claps his hands! Not really sign language but we get each other! Sooo awesome!
*We are pretty sure Benson's eyes are going to be green! They have been looking very green lately!
*He had his first hair cute by your's truly this month and is already in need of another one here pretty soon.
*We are pretty sure Benson's eyes are going to be green! They have been looking very green lately!
*He had his first hair cute by your's truly this month and is already in need of another one here pretty soon.
*He makes the funniest noises grunts and yells. His dad always says, "hut, hut hike" when they're tossing the balls back and forth so now Benson makes the same type sound when he is playing with his toys. Too funny!
* His "most often visited spots" around the house would be the shoe rack, the book shelf, the computer desk(printer), the towel hanging from the stove, the trash can and the pots and pans. He also loves to go into the downstairs bathroom and so we normally keep that door closed. Just the other day I caught him playing in the toilet bowl water, yikes sooo GROSS... yeahh not my proudest moment as a parent. And hey, stop it- no judging over here!! I almost didnt share in fear of ridicule but it's got to be documented in the 'journal'. Keep all the 'bad mom' thoughts to yourself!!
* He loves to clap, he waves if we ask him to and blows kisses at everyone!
* Benson is a Momma's boy thru and thru!











No comments:
Post a Comment