_

_

Monday, August 26, 2013

Benson Allen: 10 months?!?!


Our little man is 10 months old and is only two short months away from his very first birthday! I think I say this every month, but seriously. Where does the time go?!?!?!  

Benson had a big month full of new discoveries! 
Here's a few of them:
* The biggest one: Benson is now MOBILE! Heaven help us. 
*His favorite things to get into are decks of cards and games, Suki's dog dish, our shoes, the computer desk which is full of papers and envelopes and all sorts of fun things for him, and whenever we are upstairs he  makes a beeline for the stairs-yikes! 
*His favorite things to get into when he's in his walker is the trashcan, the calender on the fridge, the towel hanging on the stove, his stroller, and the drawer that has all our saved plastic grocery bags in them. 
*Benson has three teeth now! 
*He's figured out how to sit up in his crib and just two days ago I found him standing up in his crib! Gahhh. 
*He loves to feed Suki from the table. Not cool.
*He has been slowly figuring out how to pull himself up on things. 
*He is the wiggly-est boy when I am trying to change his diaper and clothes!! I've had to become pretty skilled in putting clothes on a runaway baby.
*He is such a boy, in every ounce of the word. He loves to play with his toy balls and he throws everything in sight then will go to where he threw it and then throw it again. He does this over and over again! We also play catch with him tons and this kid has a pretty good arm! I don't need to tell you how excited this makes his Daddy feel...! He is rough and wild and busy as ever. Such a BOY! ;)
*His favorite thing is to stand up and walk around. He would do this all day if mommy didnt get tired of walking from the living room to the kitchen 30 times. He loves it.
*Benson's new 'big people' foods are: Bread and noodles and he loves to drink water out of his sippy cup or any cup for that matter
*He says 'nom nom' or 'yum yum' over and over again when he's hungry
*He is a smart baby! He is very aware and learning quickly. For example; When I'm feeding him to different jars of food that are the same color, one he likes and one not so much- he always knows when I've dipped the spoon in the one he doesn't like and will swat at it before I've even made it close to him! Baby genius and/or an overly proud Momma! ha
*His favorite food is fruit and his oatmeal or rice cereal. He also really like bread, just like his parents! 
*Benson is soo social! He is never afraid to meet new friends and is the one always smiling at all the kids and adults at church or where ever we go. I can just tell that he cant wait to join the 'big kids'. He beams as we watch them run around and play. He loves to smile at everyone! Benson is sure loved by a lot of people. He basically leaves everyone in puddles where ever we go, he's such a charmer! 
*Benson LOVES books. Whenever he is having a rough day it's the only cure! We sit and read and read and read. Its the only time I get snuggles anymore from this big boy. 
*Benson had a great time at the beach two weekends ago. He didnt want to leave! He loved the ocean and the sand and was constantly trying to eat it. I had been wanting to take him to the beach for a long time now so I'm glad he got to finally experience that. We had a great weekend in San Diego full of baby firsts!

Well we have entered into uncharted territory now with this mobile boy! I feel like his life is at great risk everyday! I've had to grow eyes behind the back of my head and baby proof like crazy. Even still, he finds his way into things I didn't even know we had! Oh how things just got a lot more fun over here.
Wish us luck! 




No comments:

Post a Comment