Every so often I like to do a little 'products I love' post because sometimes things are just too good not to share!
So here you go, you can thank me later ;)
So I first ran across this hair line product on my friend Morgan's fashion/beauty blog(you can check her post out here). I had been wanting to try a dry shampoo out so I ran to Walmart to pick some up! While there I splurged(not really...$4.97 isn't quite splurging!) and bought two other NYM products and I am sooo glad I did! I love this brand and have loved the products I've tried! They are all also very easyyy on the budget at only $4.97 at Walmart! I think some drugstores have them at $5+ and Amazon sells theirs for $8+.
Anyways, the line up-
Not Your Mother's Girl Powder Volumizing Hair Powder
I loooove this stuff! This product is fantastic for giving my fine, flat, lifeless hair some much needed volume! It does things to my hair that no root lifter, moose, volumizing spray or gel could ever do. Don't be fooled by the small, light bottle. There's stuff in there and a little goes a long way. Sprinkle in layers and run fingers through your hair kinda scrunching as you go. It leaves a slight texture to your hair but most hair products do and I don't really notice or mind. If your hair starts to go flat after a couple hours just fluff with your hands and voila, you've got big hair again! Play around with it and gauge how much product works best for you. Depending on where you live-ex.humid climates-you will probably want to use a bit less then in dryer climates. This hair product is forever a staple in my daily routine!
Not Your Mother's Beach Babe Texturizing Sea Salt Spray
I have only used this stuff once and it was my biggest experiment. Again I have flat hair people and I was going for beach waves and texture, kinda a stretch right?! Not quite with this stuff. It definitely added texture to my hair while keeping it soft. I used it with my hair dry and it seemed to work pretty good. I didn't get waves but I got a full, thickness look that still had a beachy feel to it. Again, I have only used it once but so far so good! Also at $4.97, you can't go wrong!
Not Your Mother's Clean Freak Dry Shampoo
This stuff does the job! Along with flat hair, I have a really oily scalp. I have to wash it everyday and usually by the end of the day it already starts looking greasy and piecey. This stuff soaks up all the extra oils and even adds a little volume too. I have really loved this product and will keep this one stocked in my home too! If you want a more detailed review read Morgan's post. She compares other dry shampoos she's tried and NYM is the favorite.
Some other products I want to try are these bad boys!
I've read really good stuff on this set and I am hoping to get them soon!
Basically you can't go wrong with anything NYM. They have tons of different products that I hope to all try at some point! The price and result of this brand 's products is the best I have found!
My only con would be that not all Walmarts carry Not Your Mother's. I suggest searching all your surrounding Walmarts and/or ordering it online.
Let me know if you try any NYM products, I want to know what you think!
Happy shopping! ;)









No comments:
Post a Comment