_

_

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Benson Allen: 8-9 Months Big!

An update from 8 months old till now :)
8 month stats:
Height: 30.5 inches long (That's 2.5 feet tall!!)- 99.8 percentile
Weight: 21.5 lbs- 78th percentile

Baby Boy
*Loovves to be jumping! Still!
*Benson loves to walk around the house (with help of course) and if I try and sit him down he puts up a good fight. The kid-care at the gym always tells me they can never get him to sit! I say, 'welcome to my world!'
*Can feed himself all sorts of snacks. You can tell he feels pretty big poppin' those yogurt melts in his mouth!
*He loves to swim! This kid cant get enough of the water. He practically jumps out of my arms whenever we are near water (pool, bath tub etc.)
*Jibber jabbers 24/7. This kid loves to talk and looks right at you like he is telling a story with all sorts of inflections in his voice. It is soo fun
*Benson loves to play with his toy balls. He will catch the balls when tossed to him and he loves to roll them back and forth with mommy and daddy!
*Benson has become a lot more comfortable with tummy time. At first we had to prop books up in front of him and do some serious distracting to keep him from crying but now he plays with his toys and is usually pretty content to stay on his tummy, well at least for longer then the usually 5 seconds.
*Benson is starting to figure out crawling, he's not quite there yet but is def showing more interest in it these days.
*Benson is sooo busy! He is constantly exploring and wanting to touch, feel and open everything!
*He still loves books, something that I hope he always loves! Just last week we got 11 great books at DI for $5! Woohoo!
*Benson's favorite toys are spoons, the lid off his bottle, books, balls, legos, a swim torpedo and this little toy house (he loves to open and close the front door!)
*This little boy sleeps crazy like his daddy but LOVES to snuggle blankets, stuffed animals, shirts, cloths etc. like his mommy! Basically anything with soft material he is rubbing his face and cuddling with it. Also he smells everything too, JUST like his Mommy!! Oh how I love that sweet little Momma's boy!! Tehehe :)
*New food's he's tried these last couple months: banana, avocado, mashed potatoes, noodles, bread, oranges, peaches, rice and watermelon. Usually I try and give him a little bite of whatever we are eating!
*Loves to shake his head
*Loves to climb on everything!
*In our new place Benson's closet doors are mirrors which has been the best entertainment for that little guy. He sits there and loves to watch himself! He laughs, waves at himself, licks the glass and pounds on the glass. Benson gets all sorts of hyper whenever I first sit him down in front of the glass!
*He remembers where things are and will often go directly to things around the house that he loves to play with
*Discovered his boy parts a couple months back and sticks his hands down there the moment his diaper comes off! This has only added to the challenge of diaper changes! We're getting pretty skilled over here if you ask me... ;)
*Benson waves hello to everyone and everything, claps his hands and gives high fives! We are working on 'so big'! Some days he'll do it and other days he looks at me like I'm crazy!
*Benson is usually in bed between 7 and 7:30pm and wakes up between 6-7am. I have had to learn to be more of a morning person with this little one! Some days I struggle in the mornings not to go back to sleep when he does but I am getting better!
*Benson is finally a booster seat boy! No more bumbo!
*Benson loves all animals and especially loved our last visit to the aquarium!
*Benson still gives kisses, it's my favorite thing :)
*He also holds my thumb whenever I am walking around with him on my hip, *swoon* I hope he never stops!
*Loves to chest pop! He is always chest poping like he's dancing or something and it cracks us up.
*Loves his back scratched
*Loves to make all sorts of different sounds and noises with his mouth! Loud and soft, he tries it all. Just the other day he said ball when we were playing with his ball! I recorded it for Daddy...he was pretty proud! ;)
*Still learning how to drink out of a sippy cup
*Benson is such a happy, easy-going little boy! His laugh lights up our home!!
*He officially grew out of his infant carrier car seat and now rides in a shiny new convertible car seat! We love it and so does he!
*Always is pointing with his pointer finger and it cracks us up! He is so big now!!
*Benson is a Momma's boy all the way!


Benson is growing and changing so much every day it! I honestly can't believe my baby is going to be having his first birthday in less then 3 months. WHERE DOES THE TIME GO?!?! Seriously.

We are all adjusting great to life out here in AZ! We're really loving it, especially Benson. (I'll update about our move in my next post!)
It's fun to think that last summer we were here pregnant and now we are here as a family of three! He is just so much fun!! I feel beyond blessed that I get to be a stay at home Momma and spend every second with my little buddy!

Life is good!!

No comments:

Post a Comment