_

_

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Benson Allen: 3 Months Old

Well I missed doing a 2 month update, shame on me! So because Benson will be 3 months on Thursday the 24th(tomorrow)- I figure combining the months will have to do. 

Benson turned 2 months old on Christmas Eve, Dec 24th! I honestly CAN'T wrap my brain around how fast our baby boy is growing. David and I are parents and have been for three whole months now! Has it flown for anyone else?? It is such a strange emotion because part of me feels like he has always been here and the other part feels like I just had him. Life before a baby is not a distant memory quite yet but I don't know how we ever really lived before him. He is our everything! 

Benson had his 2 month apt where he got three mean shots and an oral vaccination. It was his first round of shots and he took it like a champ. Daddy was there I think to hold mommy's hand rather then Benson's! I was a wuss! I better tuffen' up  for this little man because he is so strong and I don't want him thinking anything else.
                                                         
Benson's 2 Month Stats:
Weight: 13lbs 4oz/67th percentile 
Height: 24.5 inches long/94th percentile 
Head: 15.75 inches/70th percentile  

And then with this little dude getting a cold we went back to the doctor at 2 1/2 months to make sure he didn't have anything worse going on. They weighed him while we were there and he was already at 14 lbs!! AHHH! We are loving it though and are so grateful that he is growing strong and big, just as he should!



Here are some fun things about our little guy since our last update:
1. He loves to snack on his hands all day long and the trick is to see how many times he can gag himself in the process.
2. He LOVES to be changed now. The changing table is where he comes alive. He smiles, squeals, jibber-jabbers, moves his arms and kicks his legs. It is so fun!
3. He just started putting toys in this mouth this week!
4. Benson slept thru the night a couple times around 6 weeks but has been consistently sleeping thru the night since 8 weeks old. His schedule was 12 am-6 am, eat and then back to sleep till 8:30 am. But this last week we've tired getting him to bed at an earlier time so now his bedtime is 10:30 pm and waking up between 6:30 and 7:15 am. 
Love.Him.
5. He sleeps GREAT at night, BUT struggles with naps. He just doesn't know how to take a proper nap... it's a work in progress. Meanwhile, this mom doesn't get a chance to do much of anything these days. Boo.
6. We moved Benson out of our room and into his around 5 weeks old and I am happy to say that the transition was a very smooth one. He loves his crib and is pretty content to just hang out in there at times. We are in search for an affordable mobile these days- I think that would just be the cherry on top for little B!
7. He loves to be sat up and we have had him in the bumbo a couple times too, he's getting so big!
8. Benson is soo strong. He'll try and use his legs to stand up on your lap, it's amazing!
9. The hair on the top of his head is finally growing in which I am very excited about.
10. He will smile at anyone and anything, he is the happiest boy around!
11.  He loves to talk and talk and talk, its my favorite! Benson and I have lots to talk about ya know? :)
12. He loves to have books read to him. He zones right in on all the pages and completely calms down and relaxes. There are some pages in one of the books the he gets all excited about and moves his arms and legs and starts talking. It's pretty incredible! Those pages must be his favorite!
13. His eyelashes and eyebrows have grown in. His eyelashes put mine to shame!
14. Benson has a fake cry that kills me! Seriously it is the funniest thing! He will make his fake cry and then stare at me looking for some kind of reaction. I die! 
15. He still does great in his car seat and has lately been going on jogs with mommy and daddy in his jogging stroller, yay! 
16. He loves all of his toys and is thoroughly entertained by them.
17. Benson has started drooling which makes me think that the teething process is just around the corner!  
18. He can completely hold his head up all on his own.
19. Sometimes he just likes when his daddy holds him best.
20. Benson went from fitting into Newborn clothes to 3 month clothes almost being too small in a matter of days! It was nuts! He even fits into some 6 month clothes. :/
21. He's in Size 1-2 diapers, wowzers! 
22. We haven't had any pee accidents while changing him in a lonng time. YAY! 
23. Benson's daily schedule is (usually) Wake up, eat, play, nap-repeat! All within a 3 hour time frame.
Sounds exciting, eh?!

think its safe to say that our little man is GROWing! 





Sleeping at an incline because of his poor cold!
No hair... HAIR!! 




This is Benson's  'fake cry'! Ohhh I love it...if he only knew!

No comments:

Post a Comment