Well friends, this nine month adventure is rapidly coming to a close. I figured one last pregnancy update was in order seeing as I could go into labor at any moment...so for any of you that are interested in my baby ramblings, this one's for you!
The Doctor has been saying since early last week that my body is ready whenever this baby wants to come. I have been cramping like crazy since around 36 weeks and last week I was 100% effaced and almost 3cm dilated. It's comforting to know that my body is doing what it's supposed to do we just have to give our baby boy pep talks every night that life outside inst so bad! Last week the doctor said that he didnt think I would make it to my next appt (which is today) but it's looking like I will get to grace him with my presence later this afternoon. I think this little man is pretty comfy hanging out and is in no hurry to make his grand debut! Doesn't he know we are all dying to meet him?! Oh how I cant wait to hold him in my arms and kiss his perfect little checks. It will be interesting to see what the Doc says at this next appointment today and to see if my body has progressed. We will all be laughing about this when I am 41 weeks and needing to be induced! I guess it's all a guessing game at this point.
It is honestly the craziest feeling right now knowing that at any given moment we could be rushing around, gabbing our bags and off to the hospital. That at any moment our daily routine, and 'life as we know it' will be completely turned upside down. A big part of me feels so beyond excited, a feeling that there are no words I could possibly use to describe, BUT then there is another part of me that knows my entire life is about to change and sometimes I feel not ready. I think a lot about how different things will be with David and I, our different roles and the different dynamic in our home. The honeymoon phase is over and the young and spontaneous side of us is going to simmer a little. No doubt this baby will bring us closer in ways I cant even imagine but at the same time I am going to miss him in the role that we are in now. I feel like the end is near and that there isn't enough time left to just be us anymore. It literally makes me tear up as I type this. I guess I have a problem with change. I'm scared and nervous but there is no turning back now!
I married an incredible man, my best friend and someone I know that will be an amazing father and an amazing support through everything that is about to take place in our very near future. It makes my heart flutter inside to think of him holding our little baby boy. Envisioning him in that role totally out weighs any emotion I am feeling right now. I just need to cling to that and maybe I wont feel so nostalgic. He will be the best daddy ever and I know our new roles as parents will be better then anything we could ever imagine.
It's just like ripping a band-aide off, you just have to do it, right?! And then, Im sure, we wont be able imagine life any other way!
Bring it on, Im ready!! (I think!)
Well after that emotional out burst I think it's time to lighten the mood a little!
The latest in baby bump pictures!
As you can see my belly is STILL growing! For some reason I thought that my growing belly would slow down in the last couple weeks but it has done the exact opposite...which has been the cause of a lot of added discomforts. These last few weeks have been pure torture and seriously have served there purpose in making labor and delivery something to look forward to. I am not one to tell you that pregnancy is all bliss.
I feel like my body is being swallowed up by my huge belly, and on top of that I am a swollen puffy mess. Ohhhh how I long for my pre-pregnancy body!! I have to make sure it's not a distant memory but a near future reality! (Ha, I just made that up...kinda catchy!) Anyways.. :)
For me at least, pregnancy has been a means to an end, a very happy and exciting end!
Things I am NOT going to miss about pregnancy:
(I am just going to pick a few or we would be here all day)
1. Needing to pee every five seconds
2. All the aches and pains
3. The muscle cramps
4. Feeling like a handicap
5. Bloating and trapped air
6. Breathing difficulties
7. Nothing fitting right
8. People starring
9. My driving difficulties
10. My lack in range of motion
11. My emotional-ness
12. Exhaustion
Things I am going to miss about being pregnant:
1. My belly being the perfect arm rest
2. My belly being the perfect table for everything (cell phone, bowl, snacks, make-up, you name it and I could probably rest it there!)
3. Feeling the baby's every move (LOVE!)
4. The excuses for things, oh the EXCUSES!! You can blame everything and anything on pregnancy, it's a glorious thing. I have been so catered to lately that I think I may have forgotten how to tie my own shoes. Okay not really...but seriously!
5. People are extra polite and helpful. People go out of there way to help you.
6. People telling us congrats (I guess it's stamped on my forehead or rather my belly that we have a little bundle of joy on the way)
7. People giving the nicest compliments
8. The special bond I have with my little baby boy. It's been the coolest thing carrying him around with me these past nine months and feeling such a deep love for someone I haven't even met yet.
Well life is about to change before we know it and I can honestly say that I feel so blessed, grateful and excited for my new role as a Mother. It is going to be the greatest thing I will ever do.
We are closing a chapter in our lives and starting a new one titled...
*PARENTHOOD*
Wish us luck!
Happy Blogging!








I loved this post! It touched my heart:)
ReplyDelete