I love this holiday for many reasons, but one reason in particular is because of my love for fireworks! What a great day to get together with family, dress in all our patriotic glory and celebrate our Country's independence! I love it!
In the past, David and I have always somehow managed to spend the 4th with family, but this year we were flying solo. I did miss all the bbq's/pool parties, the pies, the red, white and blue desserts, the family, the roof top view of fireworks plus our own show in the street, the parades, the rootbeer floats etc... BUT we really made it a great day here in AZ together!
We woke up that morning to the most beautiful weather since we've been here! It was cloudy! Yes people, when you have consistent 113 degree weather, a cloudy rainy day is a glorious thing. We stepped outside and took Suki on the longest walk since we have lived here. It was a beautiful 78 degrees with a light, perfect breeze. I felt like I was at the beach, LOVED IT! And then the rain came and we decided to hit up the pool! If you have never swam in the rain, you must...granted there Isn't any thunder or lighting going on...anyways, I only got pictures of us in the Jacuzzi. So fun!
![]() |
| And for those wondering, I didn't not get all the way in the jacuzzi, no worries! That's why my awesome hubby brought the umbrella over for me :) |
Then we got all ready for the day and headed over to the Chandler Fashion Center, ate lunch, walked around and shared some delicious ice-cream!


And then we met up with our friends, ate at Red Devils Pizza (yum!) and then headed down to Tempe Town Lakes for the real festivities! It was probably the longest firework show I have ever seen! It was a blast!

![]() |
| HAPPY 4TH OF JULY!! |
At least my band-aide was patriotic, right?!
-To think, next year we will have an almost one year old baby boy to celebrate with :)











No comments:
Post a Comment