I feel like I haven't done a pregnancy update in a while so this blog post is dedicated to our little guy!
Currently I am 24w3d and can feel this baby boy move all the time now! It is the most beautiful feeling in the world. Sometimes I will just sit and stare at my stomach for a while and watch him move around, it is so cool to watch my stomach jolt from where he has just kicked! I can feel when he pushes up against certain sides and most of the time I can tell where he is laying.
My back pain has pretty much gone away in the last two weeks and so has my hip pain which has been such a huge blessing!! I have really felt my best these last couple weeks which is interesting because I feel like my belly has grown the most in that same time frame, but boy am I grateful!
At a little over 21weeks pregnant we had our much anticipated 20week ultrasound where the doctor goes through all the anatomy of the baby, umbilical-cord, uterus, cervix etc. It is a very thorough ultrasound to make sure everything is as it should be. I tend to be a worrier so I was pretty nervous for this apt. But I am happy to report that everything checked out great! The doctor was so awesome and really went through every detail including cleft palate, down syndrome, spina bifida, fingers and toes, bone growth, the brain, heart, bladder and stomach, everything! It was soo fascinating! And such a relief! David wasn't able to come to this apt so it was so nice to have both my sisters there, my adorable niece, my mom and grandmother! The doctor also made a DVD of the ultrasound so David could watch it which really made him so happy! It was the first thing we did when I got back in town to AZ!
Here are some pictures from the appointment:
Ever since my trip to UT, I have not been able to control my craving for sweets. It is awful! I still eat fruit and what not but am constantly digging through the bag of chocolate chips or ice cream! And my working out is slim to none these days because of my stubbed toe. I can feel the pounds layering on and it is no good! Also I feel like we have done an immense amount of eating out recently too. I've let all my good habits slip. Grrr! I did work out on Monday which was good, I guess. So my new goal is to stop and do better, somehow...! lol.
A couple things about our little guy at 24 weeks pregnant:
- Baby Boy is about a foot long and weighs about 1 1/2 pounds
- His ears are getting sharper and loves when I put music on my belly!
- David felt him move for the first time a little over a week ago and I felt him move for the first time about 3 weeks ago. It took so long to feel this guy but now there is no stopping him! He moves so much and I LOVE IT!
- His face is fully formed with eyelashes, eye brows and hair
- His balance is developed so he can tell when hes upside down or tilted, also he can feel all my movements, like dancing. I like to dance :)
- The reality of having a baby is becoming more and more real everyday and although I wish I could have him here in my arms tomorrow, sometimes I feel overwhelmed and nervous. I struggle with change and the unknown and this is a HUGE change. Also time is moving a lot faster then I anticipated so I feel like I have this desperation to get all the fun in I can before our baby comes. When honestly I know the real fun will start once he gets here! I blame my emotional roller coaster on hormones.
- I probably cry once a week! Ick. I hate crying and hardly ever used to cry before I was pregnant. I cry for real once and then weep throughout the week at silly touching things, music, movies and shows etc. David is really cute about it! Whenever it's been a while since I've cried he is always anticipating it and telling me, 'let it out, it's been a while!' haha.
- I feel like my cravings fall in the sweet or tart family. I don't really crave salty things all that often but I can eat them just fine.
- Some foods that aren't my favorite are mayonnaise and thick, super-stringy melted cheese, gag! And hamburgers.
- My belly button hasn't popped yet and probably wont for a long while, if it even does at all. Im pretty sure my belly button is a never ending black hole!
- At my 21week check up I had gained six pounds since the start of my pregnancy. (Although I am sure it has doubled with all the junk I've been eating lately, boo!)
- I mostly wear maternity clothes now-a-days. Well sort of- I still wear most of my shirts and some skirts from before but most of my bottoms are maternity.
- I've been using lotion on my belly since forever ago but seem to need something a little better. I have one or two stretch marks and am certain that will just be my lot in life. I got some great suggestions though for special lotions/oils thanks to you guys so hopefully that will help minimize them.
- I feel like my brain is fried! FRIED people! I forget so many things these days, get distracted easily, spacey, forget what I was saying mid-sentence, mix my words up worse then ever etc. Oh my, just yesterday I pulled the water out of the fridge and then grabbed a cup out of the dish washer and then put the water back in the fridge without even filling up my glass!! It's awful, but I hear normal during pregnancy?? We sure get a good laugh about it though!
***I have to apologize that these blog posts are a horrible representation of grammar, sentence structure, punctuation and any sort of sense. I mean they were bad before (writing isn't my thing) but now I can barely put two sentences together. Anyone who has a degree in English or anything like that probably cringes at my posts. Sorry!!!
Here's a sneak peek at part of the finished product :)
Only 16 more weeks till we meet this little guy!!
Here's some random belly pictures for fun- It blows me away to see how my body has changed, CRAZY!
![]() |
| The view from up here! :) |












You are just so adorable!! Glad you are having fun with the little guy moving around, and I second the desire to just get him here and finally see who he ends up looking like! And don't worry about the pregnancy weight.... it's the only time you can really justify eating whatever you want. I ate hot dogs for a whole week! :)
ReplyDeleteAndrea, I am so excited for your little man to get here!!! Any day now!
DeleteSuch a fun update. Seriously your post made me remember all the thing I was thinking when Cooper was 24 weeks old. It is the greatest feeling in the world, and I totally understand the being nervous too. Just can't wait for you to meet him. You will forget everything else when you lay eyes on him, and every time they bring him in from the nursery in the hospital you will just melt, and I mean MELT! I can't wait for you to meet him. It is the best thing in the entire world.
ReplyDeleteI love that you said all that, it makes me feel so excited and happy!! Oh man, I can't wait! You are the best Krissi!
Delete