Some of the things we've been up to lately...
Diamondbacks vs Dodgers baseball game at Chase Field in downtown Phoenix
Dodgers won!!
| We went with this awesome couple, Jenny and Spencer :) |
| That's a pool...in the stadium |
These are the cool traditional cactus that we see every where!
| This one was huge |
Laziness- A picture of what our boredom usually looks like when David's gone all day :)
While they were here we swam, ate, baked, shopped, visited my mom's bff 'Auntie Shauna' in Scottsdale and played endless games of monopoly deal and sequence plus other random adventures!! SO FUN!
There were some great Memorial Day sales, so here's a few of the awesome things we got for our little guy when we went shopping!
![]() |
| This is David's favorite. He found it and insisted that we buy it :) |
We BBQ'd pizza! This is something I'd never even heard of before. It was sooo good! It was nice to get together with some of the interns too and have a little bbq/pool party, fun fun.
And now for the pregnancy update:
20 WEEKS AND COUNTING PEOPLE!!!
I cant believe how fast time is going. It's nuts to think that we are already half way through this pregnancy! It was the longest nine months of my life trying to get pregnant but now time is flying! Woohoo/YIKES!
Here are some pictures to celebrate the 20 week mark-
Hamming it up for the camera!! :)
It has been such a smooth pregnancy thus far, David and I both feel so blessed!
Although... I will say that I didn't really expect to feel so uncomfortable. You always hear about the nausea, the exhaustion, acid reflex, bloating, the headaches, food cravings, and needing to pee every five seconds but you never hear about the cramping, the aching, feeling like it's hard to breathe, horrible sleep, hip pain, muscle cramping(charlie horses), back aches, feeling like your stomach is sticking out and there's nothing you can do about it, being short of breath and feeling like you are soo huge and full of air that you could pop! Have I convinced anyone to get pregnant?! :) Anyways those are just a few of the things I didn't think about feeling but have been feeling quite frequently. Sometimes I sit and wonder what the next 20 weeks will be like, but then I have to stop myself and just take it a day at a time! Its is so fascinating to me all the changes a body goes through everyday to bring a growing baby into this world.
So up until yesterday I was so self conscious about my baby belly. I felt like I was in that awkward stage of looking thick, like I had gained weight and not really pregnant. I felt like people would stare at me at the store and be thinking, 'wow, that girl needs to lose weight' or at restaurants think, 'she should watch what what she eats'. It was really hard for me! I think it was partially because I used to be really over weight for most of my growing up years. I think my past has given me some what of a complex! I felt like I needed to walk around with a stamp on my forehead, announcing to everyone that I had not gained weight, but that I was in fact pregnant. Silly, I know... but I struggled!
BUT yesterday a ton of people at church came up and said how cute my baby bump looked, asked what we were having, asked how far long I was etc. It was so fun! I think I have finally stepped into the 'looking pregnant phase' and out of the 'grab the cookies from her phase' which is such a relief! :)
All in all I really am loving every minute of being pregnant!!
OH!
We are back to needing name suggestions!! HELP! It is so hard to commit to a name for this little guy. He can officially hear us now so I would love to start talking to him by his name. Send any suggestions our way!
Or vote on these others we've added to the mix: :)
Braden
Benson
We have another ultrasound appointment next week and I cant wait! I'm sure I will have some good baby pictures to follow after that! :)
Happy Monday!!





















You look gorgeous Britt!! Can't wait to see it in person :)
ReplyDeleteHow awesome. So glad you guys are having a great time!
ReplyDelete