_

_

Monday, May 14, 2012

A few words on Motherhood

What a magical weekend David and I just had! 
Saturday started bright and early to make sure we made it on time to our appointment but in our excitement we planned almost too well and were there a half hour early (which never happens)!! Luckily for us she was open and ready to see us! It was the NEATEST thing to be able to see our cute little baby again! The last time we had an ultrasound was at 9 weeks when he was just a little gummy bear blob but NOW he is a fully developed baby with fingers and toes and beautiful everything! I can't get over how active he was and how darling he looked. It was absolutely amazing to watch him kick his legs and snuggle up close, suck his thumb and spin around. We feel so lucky to have been blessed with this perfect little angel and I can't wait to meet him! 

As most of you know we made a video to share in the excitement with all of our family and friends. Our families were so glad to be able to feel a part of the moment and I hope you all felt the same way too! We filmed that morning during the appointment came home and took pictures and then my AMAZING, sweet husband went to work editing the video and putting it together. It is such a special memory that we are excited to have forever! I have probably watched it a million times already!! 
Here it is in case you missed it on Facebook!
Baby Pyne: Boy or Girl? 
Our big reveal!!
(Unfortunately the video wont play on anything mobile because of one of the songs we used. I guess the song has copyright laws in Japan and Germany or something like that so because of that it can only be played on desktops or laptops. I wish we would've known! Sorry!!)

Sunday was a very emotional day for me! It was my first Mother's Day and all I could do was daydream about our cute little baby boy. It was so special to me to have been able to find out the gender of our baby on Mother's Day weekend. It made Sunday that much more special. It really had me reflect on the kind of Mother I want to be for our son and the example I hope to set for him. These are very crazy times we live in and I really felt the overwhelming responsibility to be his safe place and spiritual guardian. I thought of the kind of man that I hope he will be and the life and example he will live. I feel so much peace and joy knowing that God has entrusted us with one of His special spirits that I know will bring so much love and happiness to our home and our family. I pray to be all that this little boy needs and more and I hope that he will be a righteous, faithful son, husband and father. I feel so full of love inside that its hard to think of this special little boy without tearing up. We are so blessed! 
One of my favorite quotes is by Sheri L. Dew from her Nov 2001 talk “Are We Not all Mothers” she says, "Satan has declared war on motherhood. He knows that those who rock the cradle can rock his earthly empire." We as Mothers can have the the greatest impact on society all starting within the walls of our own homes. This is empowering to know the difference we can all make as mothers. It makes me want to be a better person. More faithful, more obedient, more righteous and steadfast so we can always have the gospel and spirit felt and spoken in our home. 
I am so grateful for the knowledge I have in eternal families. We will be a forever family and there is nothing in this world that means more to me! I love my Heavenly Father and Savior Jesus Christ with all my heart. I am so grateful for this restored Gospel here on this earth and the purpose and plan of salvation. 
I feel so blessed to be able to be a Mother, the most important thing I will do! I am so grateful for David and the family we will have together and the love we will share in our home. 
And of course, I am soo grateful to be a Momma to this cute little boy! 





Life is good!! 

And of course, an update on pregnancy thus far (in pictures): 
14 Weeks Pregnant!!
14 Weeks :) 
16 Weeks Pregnant!!
It is so neat to see the changes in just a two week time span!!  

Baby Boy is growing and so am I!! It kinda makes me panic a little to think of my body changing even more. Yikes... I guess it's all part of the fun right...?! 

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY TO ALL YOU AMAZING MOTHERS!!! 
I hope you had a great day!! 


2 comments:

  1. Oh Brittany! I am just so excited for you! I am SO glad we had a boy first and I wouldn't have it any other way. Boys are just as fun to dress, you just have to look a little harder, and their spunk and energy is so much fun! Ahh! You'll be the best momma. I love all your thoughts on motherhood. After feeling all the weight of responsibility and contemplating all of the preparation and work you're putting in, isn't it odd to think that ANYONE can have a baby? So weird. Anyways, love you girl! Love the bump too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how excited you are!! It's a good thing keep it up and hopefully it will pull you through the long nights and temper tantrums!

    ReplyDelete