_

_

Sunday, January 15, 2012

Life as we know it

   Whelp, change is upon us once again and life as we know it will now be different. David was released from his calling in the Bishopric of a Singles Ward today. We both didn't find out until this morning and as you can imagine it has been a roller coaster of emotions. When we were first called back in June of 2010 we were told that this year long calling in a Bishopric would be a great experience, that was an understatement. It has been an absolutely amazing experience. David and I have grown so much in the last year and a half, and have experienced many many countless blessings in the short amount of time that we served. We have grown as a couple, we have grown in our testimonies, we have grown in our love and relationship with our Savior and our Heavenly Father, we have grown in our understanding of Gods plan and the love He has for each one of us, we have grown in our ability to work as a team and support each other, we have grown in our weaknesses and made them strengths, we have grown in our appreciation and importance for ALL leaders in a ward and in a stake.. all the way down to the most micro of callings(its all important!), we have grown to step out of our comfort zone and like it, we have grown to see God's hand in all that we do and of course the list could go on and on, etc. I have been so blessed by every single one of those brothers and sisters in that ward and will truly miss the friendships that have been made and the sweet, beautiful spirits that have been felt. They have all taught David and I soo much. I feel grateful. Immense gratitude for this opportunity we have had to be a part of such an amazing work and ward. 
   Its going to be slightly weird going back to our married ward. No one knows us in that ward. Our supposed year long calling almost turned in to two, so as you can see its been a long time out of that ward. And if any of you know much about a BYU student married ward, there is a huge turn around. People move, graduate or switch apartments all the time. So the ward we once knew is probably completely different, full of people we have never met. At least we know a few of the couples still there. It will be weird going from being a key player to just another face in the crowd. In our singles ward we stood out, well partially because we were married... (lol) and also because we were young for our calling and responsibilities. We really connected well with everyone, made lots of friends and had a lot of great times. But if there is one thing I know it is that God has a plan for all of us. We just have to have faith and move forward and do our very best in everything and anything that is asked of us. If we just follow the commandments we will be immensely blessed in all the we desire and do. David and I have a lot of life a head of us full of, I'm sure, many more opportunities to serve in a ward weather it be in the nursery or a designated door holder, all vitally important to our life long journey to be a service oriented people. I just love service, it makes life happy and bright!! 


A few of the things I am going to miss:
1. I am going to miss watching and listening to David conduct meetings
2. I am going to miss hearing David's beautiful testimony all the time 
3. I am going to miss teaching our Dating and Relationship class with David (crazy, huh?!) I always stressed about teaching but know I now I am going to miss it. We always had such a good time in that class, some of my fondest memories came from the hilariousness of everyone's comments and stories including ours, so fun! 
4. I am going to miss being so involved
5. I am going to miss everyone asking for dating advice, setting people up and going on group dates with people.
6. I am going to miss all the activities! And boy were there many!!


A few of the things I am excited for:
1. I am excited to be able to sit with my husband again at church
2. I am excited to have they extra free time to be with each other
3. I am excited to be back in a family ward and make new friends
4. We are excited to not have to balance so many things right now
5. I am excited to be low key and to fall under the radar for a little bit, hehe
6. I am excited because the chances of me being asked to speak at a stake conference again are slim to none!!! (That was probably one of the biggest and scariest highlights of our entire year and a half of serving, at least for me) Not to toot my own horn but I was the only one asked out of all the wives of the bishops and other counselors in the stake to speak. I would have gladly passed it along to any of them, don't get me wrong! But it was an experience to remember for sure. 

All in all it was a time in our life that we will cherish and remember for ever! 
Now on to the next chapter!! :) 

3 comments:

  1. You expressed yourself very well. Congrats for all you accomplished in that short time. I always knew you were pretty special.;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww!! That's crazy that he is released. I just love you guys and I know you will do so many great things as a couple, no matter where you go. You are a great example to Miles and I.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much Penny for you sweet words!! That means so much to me. You are always so quick to comment and make me feel like a million bucks, thank you!! :)
    EMMA! It is SO crazy that he is released! Aww you are my bestest friend in the whole wide world. And I assure you, you and Miles are the great examples. Love you to pieces.

    ReplyDelete