_

_

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

2011 in Review

Happy New Year everyone!! I cant believe 2012 is here and in full swing. I always love the start of a new year. It makes me sit back and think about all the possibilities that this new year can bring and then of course reflect on the adventures of the previous year. Fingers crossed that I stick with my new year resolutions this year!


Well it is time for my much anticiapted annual year in review! (can you say annual and year right next to each other like that?? Oh well, I just did...hopefully that made sense!) Anyhoo, gear up for a VERY long post, although I'm sure you're used to it by now with me... :)


JANUARY 2011
SNOW. All I remember is that it snowed a TON that month!! I am so glad to be looking outside my window right now at beautiful sunshine. David also got accepted into the Marriott School of Business at BYU. :)


FEBRUARY  
David got a job promotion at work to become the Training Coordinator at the MTC. In other words, a manager over the senior couple department. This job promotion has probably been one of the biggest blessings of the year, HUGE! It has allowed us to save money despite all of our car issues! 
Suki needed her hair trimed for the first time ever, her winter coat was getting a little unruly. David and I thought 'how hard could it be??' and decided to save the money and do it ourselves. Not such a good idea!  




So because of the above event we decided that we need to find a groomer to finish the really awesome job we had started. lol. And in one quick decision we decided to shave it all off! We actually really like it so we groom her like this every Feb and August. 
A face only her parents could love!! 


MARCH
Emma and I drove to California and Emma's sister, Annie, flew from Atlanta for a awesome Girls Trip in Cali! We all meet up there and had a week full of sunshine, food, shopping and lots of laughter! It was a BLAST! We've decided to do this once a year now! It brought back a lot of fun memories of all of us together when we lived in Atlanta. 
The four best friends!!! 
APRIL
I had another Birthday and turned a solid 23, threw a Bridal Shower for Emma and went to the park a lot with the lil' doggy to soak up all the glorious sunshine and kick winter out of our systems. David and I were in charge of the landscape for our complex for the first time since we've lived there. It was kinda fun to plant flowers and weed and watch David mow the lawn and other sorts of manly type things. We felt like homeowners and it was nice to be able to work hard out in the sun. I also FINALLY quite the black hole called my job at McClean Clinic







This tree, as you can see, was growing a little out of hand! The branches were almost touching our window! 

I married a Lumber Jack, yea baby! 
MAY
What a busy month!! First off, Emma and Miles got married and it was an absolute perfect day!! 
David and I went back to California to visit with family. All in this one trip we were on the Price is Right and won, Garrett graduated from High School, we took family pictures, went to the beach, I colored my hair for the first time ever, Kaitlyn had a Birthday bash at my parents house where we had a DJ and 100+ kids come to celebrate (yes I am related to her, crazy I know... Charisse and I could only get like 10 people to show up to our parties in HS...), my mom had a birthday, loafed around pool side most afternoons, also mingled in with some shopping of course. My parents also got an offer that they accepted on their house that week too. 
 Beautiful Bride!! 




THE PRICE IS RIGHT!!!! 

This was the card that they held up to call my mom down. 'Gloria Williams, come on down!!!' Loved it! 

Garrett graduated!  These are our 2011 signs... lol


Red hair!! 

Kaitlyn's Party---out of control fun!

Cutest picture ever of that little girl, does it get much cuter then that?! 

Swimming!! Look at my crazy white  wild husband! 

Jumping off the roof=REALLY scary! I doesn't look high but I assure you it is! 


 

JUNE
We did a lot of fishing, camped in our backyard, and volunteered at the Utah Valley Marathon for the second year in a row (we love it) but the big thing in June was our family trip to Mexico! I also started a new job at Schubach Jewelers and I LOVE it!!! 


We roped my family into volunteering with us that day! 



...We like to match?? 

On our way to Cabo!! 









Funniest boat ride EVER! The actually boat ride itself was nice but the getting on and off part was HILARIOUS!! Probably one of our favorite memories for the whole trip. The boat taxi took us to the famous arch in Cabo.





Interracial couple ;) hehe!  





Good Bye Mexico!! Thanks for the fun!

JULY
Celebrated the 4th of July in California, Isabella turned one, and we said goodbye to the house we spent the last ten years knowing. We also had a Williams Family Reunion up in Idaho.
Happy 4th of July! 

Isabella's Birthday Party. She would not dive into the cake, no matter how hard we tried! 


KT's artwork on my parents drive way days before they moved. A lot has changed in ten years! 

Last look at the sunset from my parents deck. I will never forget the views and the sunsets, just breathtaking! 

Night swim! 

Good Bye home!! You were very very good to us. 

William's Family Reunion in Idaho




AUGUST
We did a lot more fishing and David and I went camping down American Fork Canyon (I got creative with my picture taking/editing skills while we were out there, it was so beautiful!).  I colored my hair again and my parents moved to UT!!!! 
This may have been at the end of July or maybe June but I am going to count it for August-We got to hold cool reptiles at a Harry Potter work event/party with Emma and Miles!







Camping!! 

New favorite game, Monopoly Deal. If you havent played it yet you must!! 




We found such a sweet camping spot. Right were Im standing was about where our tent went. It was really secluded too. Soo Pretty! 







SEPTEMBER
We took yet another fun trip back to California except this time we got to fly! We went to visit with David's awesome family. His dad earned his pilot license over the summer so we were all real excited to go flying with him. David also had a Birthday while we were there, a whopping ripe old age of 24! We also went to a couple BYU football game, GO COUGARS!!







Family Picture! 
Some of the guy cousins with Grandma Pyne


OCTOBER
We went to the Hoggle Zoo for the first time ever and my niece loved it!! David went fly-fishing for the first time. We spent a lot of time up in Highland with family and we had a seriously AWESOME Halloween party!!

She loved the ducks, its her favorite word to say, that and doggy!








Favorite Costume #1
 My Aunt Holly and Uncle Hector
Favorite Costume #2
My Uncle Raymon
NOVEMBER 
Thanksgiving! This was the first year that we didnt make it up to Idaho for Thanksgiving with my grandparents but we got to spend it with David's family and we had a blast! David got a 1939 WW2 Russian Rifle right before Thanksgiving day, cool huh?! His brother had one also, so naturally we had to keep with traditions and go shooting! 










The rifle with the bayonet out! It was soo long! 

Putting my bullets in the barrel 



It was our Christmas tree of cans. Everyone should ask David about my aim...  ;) yeahhh Im kinda a big deal.


DECEMBER
Now December was probably one of the craziest months of the entire year. I had never worked retail before let alone over the Holidays so I was in for a real treat. All within one week my hours went from 28ish to 45ish!! Not to mention all the Christmas parties to go to (we went to two in one night, our singles ward and our married student ward, plus work parties, family parties, and a stake party), Christmas shopping to get done, family in town, a house to decorate, treats to drop off to people, presents to wrap, crazy mall hours, insanely LONG work shifts, closing shifts on Christmas Eve and New Years Eve and an incredibly HUGE sales plan that I was determined to hit (and did, PHEW!!). It was a pretty stressful month to say the least. BUT it was probably up there on the most memorable scale. Christmas was soo special, I love being able to be all together as a family and celebrate the birth of our Savior. There is nothing better then feeling that special spirit of Christmas, I am SO grateful for the life God has given me and all the joys and struggles we have faced and will face, trials make us stronger and joys make us grateful. I feel truly blessed in every aspect of my life, even the not so fun stuff because I know that I never have to go at it alone. I have got an absolutely awe-inspiring husband who is my world and never ceases to amaze me and a Father in Heaven who loves me more then I can comprehend, what else do you need in life?! Ok we need family...etc. but you get my point, right? It truly is a wonderful life. Speaking of David, yes that amazing man of mine called my husband, he absolutely surprised me with a trip to HAWAII!!! AHHH. Just thinking about it gets me all excited inside. All the stress of that month will melt away in the beautiful relaxing sun, lounging in paradise with my man. Ten whole days with nothing but good company, beach, sand, sun and sunsets... sooo excited!!! Its safe to say that I am spoiled rotten. February cant come soon enough. 
     We also celebrated our anniversary on the 27th. Three years, people!! This was a big one to me for some reason. The three year mark I felt was the growing age between a newlywed and a step into a mature couple-ship, seasoned if you will. And again that same said amazing man surprised me once again with two bands to go along with my wedding ring. I had been wanting these bands since August!! Its actually kinda a funny story because you would think, 'how could you be surprised when you work there?'... let me explain- So I was desperate for these rings back in August so I put them on layaway that day and went home to tell David of my findings. He was uninterested and said that he would love to get them but they are not a practical purchase right now and that we should wait-valid point, soo I continued to work on him and he continued to play with my emotions until about the end of October when he sat me down and had a heart to heart with me. We made a plan that we were going to pay for them in cash and wouldn't get them until our jar was full with the exact amount. I agreed and from that day on I let it go. Being an employee I didnt have to pay on the layaway so I kept them there and would occasionally pull them out and wear them while I worked and then try and make myself forget about them the rest of the time. So as you can see I was COMPLETELY blown away when on our anniversary he pulled out a little brown box (ladies dont we just love those boxes?!) He and my Boss had all sneaky like got the same rings ordered in so mine could stay on layaway and had them sized all thru our Provo store! Crazy, huh!! Ohh it was soo romantic. We were downtown SLC, doing the Christmas lights, when he pulled me aside whispered sweet nothings and pulled out the box. I about melted, it was quite the scene! David told me after he had given them to me that we he was super nervous like the day he proposed! Ohh to be young and in love..., oh wait that's us! Soo perfect.

Pure excitement on my face!! And in case you are wondering I am indeed holding a coconut, he stuffed the ticket into a coconut!! I had to crack it open with a hammer to figure it out. So clever! 




Happy Anniversary to us!



*SPARKLE SPARKLE, BLING BLING*


DONE!! :)
These year review posts always take me forever, but its all worth it for the record keeping. 

Just a little side note on a funny thing that happened the other day-
I'm dyslexic, very dyslexic. I confuse sentences, numbers and letters, fast forward and rewind and of course lefts and rights. I was telling my mom directions one day while we were driving and I told her to turn right when I was thinking and meant to say left. She got in the right lane, and I quickly corrected and said I mean left, left! We had a good chuckle about it and in my frustration I said, 'Man I've got a lot of little funny things about me.' and then my dear sweet mother says, 'yeah, but you'll never be boring!!!' I think I died with laughter! 

I hope this post finds you all well!! 

Happy New Year!! 

Love, 
The Pynes

1 comment:

  1. You guys are so cute! I love your family so much! I need to get in on some of that action! :) Love you Britt!

    ReplyDelete