_

_

Thursday, November 3, 2011

WOAH

PEEPS. I feel like I am always writing catch up blog posts or lengthy explanations as to why I haven't posted in awhile but this time I have one and only one excuse...Pinterest! I cant seem to get on the internet without spending all my 'free time' on Pinterest, where it used to be spread evenly over facebook and blogging. So, in honor of pinning I am not only going to recap life and life's random thoughts, but I am going to also show some of the fun things we've tried.

Pinned Image
The fluffiest, chewiest, chocolate chip cookies
-secret ingredient: corn starch! They were delish!!

Pinned Image
One word, AMAZING! Honey Lime Enchiladas, soo good! We added some extra seasonings like garlic powder and cumin to the chicken mixture and boy were these finger-licking good!

Pinned Image
I thought that this little gem of a recipe was going to be a sugary over load and gag everyone out but it actually was pretty perfect on the sugar scales and a winner in my book. BUT I will say that this one on the other hand ...
Pinned Image
about killed us all dead. Cookie dough, brownie bars. YIKES! They were good but definitely on the causing diabetes scale. I think that these were partially extra sweet because we cheated and used a brownie mix instead of making them homemade. Maybe the homemade browines to this recipe are more bitter tasting to even out the cookie dough. Hmph, who knows!

Pinned Image
Homemade Pretzel Bites. We have probably made these the most since we ran across this recipe. They are insanely addicting and pretty easy to make. You can change them up with whatever toppings you happen to be in the mood for (examples; cinnamon and sugar, garlic and parmesan or just butter and salt)

Penne Pasta with Sun-dried Tomato Cream Sauce
Penne Pasta with Sun-dried tomatoes. If you are a pasta lover you will love this! Very creamy and yummy. We added some of our favorite seasoning to add a little more pizzaz but other then that it was delish!




We have made a ton of other different recipes and also a few crafts. One of my favorite things though from pinterest has been the sock bun. I probably wear my hair in a sock at least once a week! Its so easy and cute I just love it.


Anyhoo as you can see I am obsessed, like the rest of everyone who is on there! If you run into me and wonder why my clothes look a little tight, now you know why. I'm not proud of it but it sure has been a good time in the baking department!
If your not on Pinterest and want to be, let me know and I will send you an invite. Such good creative fun!


Now onto some other thoughts-
My mom and I just got the new Relief Society book, "Daughters in My Kingdom" which is all about the history and work of Relief Society. And I don't know about anybody else but I feel that a lot of the visiting teaching lessons this past year have been on the history of Relief Society. And then in light of recent struggles and women I know going through some really tough things in their life right now, I kind of had an 'aha' moment if you will. When you think of the pioneer women in the times when the restored gospel came to this earth back in the 1820's, they were very strong in faith, physical ability, family relationships(husband and wife), and many many more things. I mean they endured some SERIOUS trials. From burying their young children when crossing the plains, walking a million miles on the pioneer trek often in the freezing snow running from persecution, husbands being called to go on three+ year missions when you have a family, a farm and kids to take care of,  and any other trial you can think of under the sun they went through. They were faithful and persevered, and they had joy. I feel like through all of the work that has been done on the history of the women in the church we have so much to learn from them. I think that there is a big reason why we've had all the emphasis on the women of that time. We need to learn to be strong, steadfast and immovable as they were. Because of the world that we live in and the extreme selfishness of society, we all too often fall victim to selfish tendencies. We expect a lot and give a little and then only focus on ourselves, and, 'if only this person would do this for me life would be happy.' Where the real strength lies is in what you can do for others. Service. Lose yourself in service. Service and sacrifice for your family, service and sacrifice for your spouse, and service and sacrifice for our Heavenly Father. I think if we would follow the examples of the women we read about we would have a better grip on life and what real happiness is. 


*November 3rd 2011*
It's November already?!?!?!? I started this post in the beginning of October! My goodness time has flown. Since this post is long over due to be 'posted' I am just going to briefly summarize life as of late-


School has been extremely busy for my amazing husband and I CANT WAIT for this semester to be over! We are trying to enjoy these years in college but if he has one more group project/meeting with his business school people I may scream. He has taken on a lot this semester so it will be a nice little break for him when he only has class twice a week next semester! David is enjoying school which is so great and loving his calling in the singles ward. And as always he is loving his job at the MTC, who wouldnt right?! Although very busy he still finds some time to squeeze in some basketball and football with his buddies. Our new favorite thing has been four wheeling. My parents live right next to the most awesome trails with beautiful scenery and fun mud puddles. We have gone exploring many times and even seen some deer! So fun. 


Yoda, my car (its a Toyota so we call him yoda) has been sliding into what I like to call a 'money pit'. If you all recall my post about a money tree you will see the string of bad luck we've had with this one. So I wanted to update everyone on that- the bad luck is has not gone. Last week I took yoda to get an oil change and the mechanic said that the driving belt needs to be replaced and then on Saturday we got a flat tire. Yoda has the force of poor luck and he is dragging us down with him...
Donations are accepted and welcomed--  (please note the sarcasm!)  :)


Well I've got to start getting ready for work so this will have to do for today! 


Grateful Goal
1. I am grateful for David
2. I am grateful for Matt, Charisse and my niece Isabella coming into town a lot this last month!
3. I am grateful for my family 
4. I am grateful for all the life lessons we learn and grow from
5. I am grateful for Yoda bc he gets us from point A to point B...sort of. ;)
6. I am grateful for the Sun and the warmer then normal weather we have had lately 


Life has been great and we are loving every minute of it! 
I hope this post finds you all well!
Happy Blogging everyone!

1 comment:

  1. You are too cute! I miss you! Take me four-wheeling with you sometime! :)

    ReplyDelete