_

_

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Spring has Sprung!

So I just got back from a long walk with Sooki and I've concluded that not only is it a beautiful day outside but its a beautiful SPRING day!!! There are little buds on trees getting ready to bloom, tulips are starting to come out and I am seeing these beautiful little purple flowers every where!! I seriously feel so happy right now! lol. 


Things I loved about our walk today:
1. people where mowing there lawn... music to my ears!
2. neighbors where pruning their bushes and trees and gardening their flower beds
3. a million little kids were playing at the park near our house
4. I saw people wearing short sleeves, shorts and flip flops! YES.
5. And one of the most exciting sights we saw on our walk... 
The water park near our house, the one that has been drained, tarp'd-over and empty all winter long is now getting all cleaned up! Some guys were out there getting it all fixed up. I paused there for a minute and really let the moment sink in. One of these days its going to have water in it and you all know what that means!!! 


Well needless to say I am excited. I came home, opened up all my blinds and the window in the kitchen and now I am going to do some serious SPRING cleaning. Yup, snow boots and heavy coats are going in a box. Snow scraper and ice melt, your job is done here. Let the spring-time fun begin with many more beautiful walks, the smell of bbq, scooter rides, lawn mowers and sprinklers, birds chirping, camping, and last but not least, pooools! Anything and everything that has to do with being outside. 


I love the simple things in life that make us happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment