_

_

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

WORK.

So before I get started here I want to warn all of you that this blog post may get a bit whiney. I have some deep rooted issues that may or may not come out in my typing. You have been for-warned! 


Ok. So I hate my job right now. I know a job is just a job but it could truly be an enjoyably place if everyone was just hard working and normal. I love helping people and I love being friendly and happy to all the patients we see. It makes me feel so good to see patients getting better. I used to think I had the best job ever but now I am starting to think differently. 
I never know who is going to show up for work that day and if they do come in I never know how long they are going to stay. I work the front desk at a very busy chiropractic clinic and it's A LOT to take on if just one person is there. The phones ring non-stop and most patients are extremely needy and in a lot of pain. There are insurances that need calling, billing that needs billing(hehe) and all the legality info that goes along with all the auto accident patients. And that is just barely scratching the surface of all the things that go on! I cant do my job unless the insurances have been called on and put in the computer, and billing cant bill unless I've done my job and the insurances have been put in. It is very much a team effort so if someone isn't pulling there load things dont run very well. Its probably one of the hardest jobs I have ever worked and I get paid peanuts for it. I really am not one to complain but I have had about as much as I can take. I think what put me over the edge was when I was sick last week...I had the flu, (it was horrible! And over Vday :/) I called the office manager and told her how sick I was and that I didnt think I was going to be able to come in the next day. She told me to come in anyways and that I will probably feel better in the morning. I mean, really??? Who does that? She went on and on about all the things that SHE has to do at home and that she wouldnt have time to come in and work for me.(She works from home)  After I got off the phone with her I bursted into tears. I was SO mad. Its hard enough as it is to call and ask for time off but to be miserably sick and be told to still come in and work? Ugh I was so upset. And this isnt the first time I have needed someone to cover for me and she has told me no. I have HARDLY taken any days off, probably a week combined since August so there is no reason for her not to give me the time off. I am starting to get burnt out. 


Oh! An old lady yelled at me today in front of other patients because she was upset that her insurance wouldn't cover her treatment. She told me "to stop talking, your pissing me off!!" yeah she was real cute. 
Some people.
Also another favorite-- Our schedule is completely full but someone calls and is in a lot of pain and wants to be treated right then. Out of the kindness of my heart I squeeze them into the schedule as long as they can come down to the clinic right now. They say that they can and will be right there... an hour + later they finally show up at the busiest/worst possible time ever. 


Hmph. Im just rambling now. There are so many little details to my frustration, we would seriously be here for days...


Well as you can see its a really treat to work my job. I feel kind of silly for blogging about this now. I just needed to vent. But honestly I feel a lot better now. I guess it does help getting over things when you write them down. Sorry for being such a complainer/downer...
I really feel blessed that I even  have a job and that I am able to work and earn money. Life is good. 
Moral of the story, I need stop being a drama queen. 

3 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry Britt! That sounds miserable! They better shape up or they will be missing out on the best employee they've ever had! Hang in there. Love ya lots :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss you Naomi! I hope you guys are doing great!! Thanks for the happy anniversary wishes, it was so sweet of you to remember. hehe :)

    Chrissy, you are the absolute best! thanks for brightening my mood, love ya lots too!!!

    ReplyDelete