_

_

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Summer Projects

So this last summer David and I decided to spice up the kitchen (good choice of words, eh?!) by taking on the HUGE task of staining the cabinets. It was a lot bigger of a project then we intended but we're pretty happy with the results!
Before....














 And drum roll please....




THE FINISHED PRODUCT!!! 

tadaa!!!

Our very first staining project was the entertainment center. We did that the summer after we got married. We thought to ourselves 'the entertainment center was so easy, the kitchen will be too.' Not! 
Anyways we are so glad we did the kitchen, we love it! All that is left to do is the kitchen table and all the bathrooms. Yikes! Maybe next summer.. 

Here are pictures from our first staining job! :) 
 

 
We had so much fun to doing all these projects together! If anyone has any staining questions, be sure to ask us! We know what NOT to do! ;) 

7 comments:

  1. oh my goodness i love it!!! it looks so classy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its GORGEOUS!! Holy Cow Britt I am seriously impressed. I will definitely be hitting you up for some tips on staining :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Good job! It looks amazing! Jace and I have been itching to paint our kitchen walls and cabinets! Well, I guess I'm the one who wants to do it more :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You guys simply ROCK! I am so stinkin' proud of you both! Pros could not have done better. I know it was an intense project, but YOU DID IT and it looks like a showroom kitchen. You upgraded the townhouse hugely! When I come for a visit maybe we can tackle the downstairs bathroom cabinet? I know you probably don't want to see a stain can and brush for a really really long time...but it's just a thought. Heehee...
    By the way, your blog thingy is so cute and absolutley awesome. I love it! I am endlessly impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww thanks everyone!! Im glad you guys arnt seeing the many imperfections! lol.
    And mother dearest you might be on your own with that bathroom, I think I'll snap if I pick up another paint brush! You're amazing to want to paint more, you've been painting your life away this summer with all the many home improvement projects you guys have done! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE this!! I want to know (and please help me make it seem like its not gonna kill us so that when I explain it to Dude he will be on board!) ;) Awesome job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ok I could have sworn I wrote on this post, but it looks amazing. and I want to take lessons.

    ReplyDelete