_

_

Thursday, September 2, 2010

My Cute Husband

So I am defiantly past due for a blog update! Life has been pretty crazy this month with a new job that I love and school starting all at once. Also a fun trip back home to California to see family. But thats all for another blog post...this one I want to talk about my cute husband! 


A big change happened for our family at the beginning of June when David was called to be 2nd counseler in a BYU Singles Ward Bishopric. We were pretty shocked when we got the call and both thought that maybe they had gotten the wrong Pyne's! But nevertheless it has been an incredible experience so far. The bishop and 1st counselor are awesome. The ward is great and a lot of fun too! David had never been in a singles ward before, so this has been an experience for him to say the least. He's the same age as everyone in the ward and also at the same school. He had never heard of ward prayer or any of the other activities that a singles ward does, which is a LOT! I personally had forgotten how busy a singles ward is, everythings an activity and there is always something going on! It has been a lot of fun! 


We miss our family ward a lot though. We had an awesome ward! It was a great feeling being surrounded by everyone who was in the exact same boat as us with school and work and trying to put food on the table, starting families and the importance of an eternal marriage/being married, all things that really have to do with us right now in our life. But as always, there is a reason for everything. David and I are to learn something here by serving in this singles ward. If anything I have learned to be more independent. Up until this point I was always needy of David and his attention. I always wanted him to be right by my side holding my had through everything, but that just isnt life. I feel like I have grown up a lot this last month. I've learned how to be supportive and excited for something I dont quite understand. David needs me more than he probably has our whole marriage. He needs me to be understanding when he's gone at bishopric meetings till late at night. He needs me to be supportive and helpful when he is trying to juggle school, work and a very time consuming calling. I admit the first week or so I found myself complaining a little. I felt alone a lot of the time and frustrated when meetings would run later then planned. It was hard, hard on both of us. But now I feel we are even closer then ever! We cherish our time with each other more then we ever have. There is an added spirit in our home that I know is because of this special calling that has been asked of us right now. Its been a real testimony builder to feel of the Saviors love for us and His warm comforting spirit in our time of need. It has been a real heart warmer to see my sweet, wonderful, love of my life sit on the stand at church and be a part of  such an amazing work. I love David with all of my heart. I am so grateful for all that he his, I couldn't of married a better man. His desires and priorities have always been where they should be and I am just so full of gratitude and amazement for him each and everyday. I have learned so much from him! He makes me want to be a better person everyday. He is so patient and understanding with me and always quick to make me laugh and smile! What a special person he is! I dont know what I did to deserve him... 


Sorry everyone! I got a little mushy towards the end there! I've collected myself now and can finish this without getting sappy, I promise! 


Anyways! So thats our update for the Pyne family! Other then that, not to much has gone on. Im secretly excited for fall to come, I know most are sad to see summer leave but for some reason I just love fall!! Andddd COLLEGE FOOTBALL! Or any type of football game really (NFL, high school, inter-mural, or playing just for fun). Fall=Football fun! If only David and I had T.V. ...hmm. If we knock on your door during a game, dont be surprised, I promise to bring cookies. 


Oh! One last funny story! (because this blog post isnt long enough..) Just last week we had dinner at the bishops house with the first counselor and his wife, the ward clerk and his wife, mind you all 50yrs old or older. So heres David and I having dinner with a bunch of older men and there wives. The dinner conversation was pretty funny and David and I found ourselves talking as if we were their ages. Talking about things like grandchildren and how David and I met, like it was a million years ago and all sorts of things. We had a good laugh about it when we got in the car driving home. Oh what fun! 


Whelp, happy blogging everyone! 

                                                    David's first Sunday in a bishopric! So cute!!

1 comment:

  1. What a cute post! I just wanted to say two things...

    A. That's awesome that david is in the Bishopric - some very special blessing come to the wives of the men in the bishopric. If you ever get lonely again come on over.

    and B. We love fall too and you know we'll have the football on. So you guys are always welcome to come over! (cookies in hand or not) We'd love the company.

    ReplyDelete