Our baby boy turned O-N-E!
A few weeks back my whole family (minus my dad bc he was in China!) flew down to AZ to celebrate Benson's birthday with us and stay an entire week to play and vacation! It was by far one of the best weeks ever. Aren't they the greatest??
However I didn't know exactly when they were coming until almost just right before. I had plans to throw Benson this over the top birthday party on his birthday with just some friends of ours down here. I had spent so much time looking on pinterest for theme's and decorating and cakes and invites and all sorts of things. All the while thinking about how much harder I was making this on myself. But I had to make it all cute and awesome, ya know? Like he would even care...
I just kept thinking about that blog post I read a month or two ago about 'taking it down a notch' and how we as mothers complicate things for ourselves! So right then and there I decided I was going to take the advice and simmer down on the pinterest themed cuteness overload that I am not. Coincidentally, I found out that my family was coming that Friday and decided to throw him a birthday party then, with his family! Nothing better then that! I threw everything together in the few days before they came and we partied it up the day they all flew in. It was probably the best birthday party ever! All that was important is that Benson felt the love and he definitely did!! It was a complete no stress success and easy on the budget!
There was cake, pizza, presents and family! What more could a little boy want?!
Here's some pictures from his fun night!
Here's some pictures from his fun night!
We did a 'our little fish' pool party theme! Not very many October birthdays get to be pool parties!
Cutest cousins!!
My birthday boy!
Homemade strawberry CAKE!! He loved it!
This was too much fun!
Balloons were a hit!
These kiddies played and played till way past their bedtime!
Such a great day celebrating our favorite boy with our favorite people!!






So cute Britt! And honestly, I know you said you took it down a notch but I am still totally impressed with that party! Matching everything with banner and party hats?! Way to go mama! He is to die for :)
ReplyDeleteAw thanks Chrissy!!! You just made my day! I seriously got everything at Walmart and the party hats from Target! I think it was just pure luck that it all coordinated together! Maybe I do better with short notice?! haha. Anyway, thanks lady. Love you lots!! <3
Delete