_

_

Sunday, February 24, 2013

Benson Allen: 4 month old


16 lbs 9 oz (76th percentile) and 27.12 inches long (99th percentile)

Here's some of what Benson has been up to lately:
*He always holds my fingers while I feed him 
*He panics whines if you pull the bottle away mid feeding or if he sees the bottle and it's about time to eat. What can I say, the kid loves his food!
*Benson can roll over from his tummy to his back, woohoo! 
*LOVES lovessss to jump in his boucer toy and if left in there I am sure he would bounce ALL DAY LONG! 
*He likes to chew on his pacifer and play with it in his mouth
*Benson only takes a pacifier when he is going to sleep
*Loves to put his swaddle blakets in his mouth and sleeps best when he's got a blanket close to his face
*Still loves books and lately he his been trying to put those in his mouth too!
*Likes to grab at hair! Which, with my post pregnant self means that he is pulling chunks of hair out at a time! Oh well it just adds to the mommy look, right?
*Loves to be rocked in the rocking chair, nap time or not he will always relax when he is rocked. It's my go to thing when he is fussy and nothing else is seeming to work
*He is a snuggle bug and its one of my favortie things!
*He is still sleeping through the night like a champ! His bedtime is almost always 9:30pm and he sleep all the way till 8am. 
*He is the most oberverant baby I have ever met and loves to study peoples faces
*He will put himself to sleep in his crib and is a lot better at taking naps. I have just accepted the fact that Benson is a 45min napper. It kinda stinks cause that leaves me NO time to really do much of anything but it's okay, I'll figure it out. I will take a baby that sleeps thru the night over a good napper any day. 
*He is the happiest of babies and very social.
*He has become the world traveler baby this last month and did amazing with all of our road trips!! We went to St. George, UT., Los Angeles and San Bernidino, CA and we have a trip planned for AZ next month! 
*Some of his firsts this last month were; shorts and sandals, swim trunks and swimming, and 80 degree weather. 
*He loves to stand up and be on his feet
*Still sucks and eats his hands constatly
*Still loves to sing and talk and lately he has been talking himself to sleep for naps, it's pretty stinkin cute!
*Got to meet his Califorina family for the first time
*He is in solid 6-9 month clothes, whaaa?!
*He laughs now on a daily basis and we think it is the best thing ever!
*He is the most TICKILISH baby on the planet! 
*He loves to play with his toys and lately has loved kicking all the toys in his play gym with his feet. 
*His eye/hand coordination blows us away! It is so fun to watch him reach for toys and for whatever is in front of him.
*Benson likes to move fast and get all excited when he is encouraged
*He loves to be startled. It gets him every time!
*He is starting to make lots of differnt cooing noises and will talk up a storm 
*He is a wiggley little man whenever he is laid down or put under his toys he loves to move and play
*He is my little lover boy and gives me kisses every day!
*He can recoginize voices and looks at me when he hears my voice or David when he hears his, it's pretty cool! 

Some of the nicknames we have for Benson are:
B, Beau Benson, Baby, Babe, Sweets, Squish, Squisher, Bean, Picoolino, Bensonino, Hombrecito, Benson(said with a French accent), Bruzer...hmm, theres more but thats all I can think of right now! 

Here is some of what I've been up to lately
*Being a Mommy
*MOVING, ughhh. 
*Vacationing, I just live for trips with my boys!
*And uhmm that's about it. 

Some of you may wonder what life is like being a stay at home mom, so I will tell you what any given day may look like- I wake up to the happiest baby, we eat, play, dance to music, nap, eat, play, sing to music, nap, eat, play, read books, nap and so on. Inter-mixed with excersie, a rushed shower, cooking dinner, laundry, walks if the day is nice, lots and lots of diaper changes, pajama/lazy days and lots and lots of giggles and picture taking. 
I think it's safe to say I've never been happier.   

And here more pictures because that's what I do best! 

Milk Drunk 






Baby's first tie! 



Wide awake and snuggling our day away! Heaven!!

Next post will be fun videos, if blogger will finally work for me! (fingers crossed!)

No comments:

Post a Comment