As most of you know David and I just celebrated our 2 year anniversary on the 27th of December (YAY to us!) Our first two years have been blissful to say the least and full of many ups and downs that we call life. It is sufficient to say that I love that man of mine more then I could ever imagine possible. He truly is my other half, the half that my heart beats on, to be exact and I am so grateful to have in in my life..
But wait?? What does all this mushiness have to do with my title? Don't worry, I will tell you..
Well, since the day David and I hit that blissful two year mark we've been bombarded with the baby question and it has been the cause for much discussion in the Pyne household. So I thought I would take a minute and get out all my feelings on the matter.
I.am.terrified.
I have spouts of pure excitement where the idea of it makes me giddy inside. I start to think about what they may look like and the wonderful role of being a mother. I think about how excited I am to implement schedules and routines, teaching and growing. I am excited to hold something so special, something that David and I helped create and bring to this Earth, a special spirit that will complete us as a family. All of this truly excites me.
BUT
On the other hand I cant honestly fathom how we could support a little one now or even down the road while David is still in school. It is scary to think about being entirely responsible for a little human being, something so precious and perfect that I am afraid I will mess everything up. I also have my selfish issues like the time and sleep that will be gone and that nothing is a 'quick errand' anymore. David and I will no longer be just the two of us. Having a baby will change our lives for ever.
Needless to say I am thinking that the whole baby thing may have to happen by accident. Every time David and I agree to start trying, I chicken out. It is a vicious cycle that I haven't seem to have gotten a grip of. David probably thinks I am crazy because I talk as if I am baby hungry and then freak out when action is required. Ahhh! I just have to take the plunge and get over all of this! But how?? Sometimes I tell myself, 'lets just try and see what happens, it may take a couple of months, who knows!' But then what if it didn't?! There's no turning back if you get pregnant. You cant try it out and then decide your not ready. What's done is done, no turning back allowed! Ugh. I have issues.
So when will that life altering, special day happen??
That is the question of the year. :)
Grateful Goal
1. I am grateful for a job
2. I am grateful when my family comes and visit's us in UT
3. I am grateful for the sun these last couple days
4. I am grateful for the gym
5. I am grateful for my hard working husband!
P.S.
All you savvy bloggers out there..
How do I "follow" someone's blog?? (like be a follower type thing)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






haha amen!!! I was the exact same way.. except I wasn't even to the point of thinking 'ok lets try' NO!!! I was saying not for at LEAST another 2 years! and well.. I guess the Lord knows best. And now I have miss Autumn and I can't even tell you what a joy she is. I get teary and emotional at picturing her smile at me, or when she learns something new. All the other things are tough too, but in the end its worth it. Everyone says that, and sometimes it doesn't seem like its true. But it is. So, mine was unplanned, which I am grateful for because I know I probably would have put it off for as LONG as possible cause I'm selfish. Now I'm on the the next step-swallow my selfishness and accept the fact that I already have one.. so now I have to start thinking about the 2nd??!?!?!!! Good post. we miss you guys.
ReplyDeleteYou are too cute. Lets just say I was married for 5 years before I had Isabelle and she has been here for 3 months and I still dont feel prepared. Both my sisters taught me things about being a mom, but nothing can fully prepare you. Just be ready emotionally and mentally and you will be GREAT!
ReplyDeleteHi Bink! I understand your hesitancy to have kids. They are a lot of work!! But, like everyone says SO worth it!! Here is a great article about taking the plunge http://lds.org/liahona/2009/05/get-on-with-our-lives?lang=eng.
ReplyDeleteLove you!
I totally agree...it's scary thinking about having a baby! But I think when it's "time" you'll know and you'll be ready!! As for following other blogs, at the top of the blog you'll see Follow, Share, Report Abuse and Next Blog. Just click on Follow :)
ReplyDeleteIt's nice to know Im not alone!
ReplyDeleteThanks everyone for the great advice and support!
Tessa-thanks on the 'following' info! I figured it out :)