So last weekend we had some friends over for a pot luck dinner and a game night. It was a full house! There was a total of 8 of us and boy did we have a blast! We played the game Bang. Which, if you haven't played it yet you must! It's a lot of fun.
Also we did a lot of chatting which is great of course, but one of the couples that night weren't married, they weren't even engaged.... And lets face it, married people talk about certain things that single/dating people don't, for example, how crazy birth control can make you. And wonderful awkward moments always seem to come up when somebody says to them (trying to give advice of course) "so, when you get married, I mean...you guys...or maybe not to each other, uhh either way really, my point is, bahh... never mind" lol. Or I particularly like when someone asks them, "so how long have you two been married?!" AWKWARD. But always a lot of fun.
Anyways at the end of the night, after everyone had left, I sat and started to reflect over the fun evening. Then it came to me that we had for sure ruined any chance of those two making it work, that we had some how over-shared and crossed lines that are just not kosher to cross in the dating world. I mean you can only cross so many lines! And let me tell you, we had danced over them all! What can you do, right? We were just being ourselves(case and point)!!
Well turns out that the next day at work, Josh came up to David and talked all about how much fun they had that night. And that it even opened up the marriage discussion for them (in a good way!) Can you believe it!! So I guess us married peeps really are pretty cool!! No worries, I didn't doubt our coolness for a minute.
HA! To anyone who thinks we are boring... I beg to differ. We will get you married.... we 'guarantee' it, okay not guaranteed but close to it... any takers???
Oh and FYI, the number one answer we get in our dating and relationships class in our singles ward:
What excites you the most about married life?
"Being able to go to bed early"
WOW.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






wait, whose answer was 'going to bed early?' cause i love that about being married.. ; )
ReplyDelete