Okay everyone do I have a story to tell!! I have been so excited to get this blogged that I have procrastinated all of my 'to do list' things, this story has been given priority!
So I've decided to just write this word for word as it happened in a dialog type setting so that you guys can hopefully get the big picture. I am worried this is one of those stories that are better told in person so hopefully you guys will enjoy it as much as I do!
Anyways-
THE STORY....
Okay so it was a typical Friday at work, busy! I was doing my front desk thing when a mom and her 12 year old son walked in, and waited to be seen. They were pretty quickly brought back and I went about doing my normal duties. About 15 mins in to their treatment the boy comes out and asks if I could show him where the play room is (mind you- the playroom with a big T.V. and toys is LITERALLY right across the room from the room they were in...he would of faced it coming out.) So, kind-of annoyed cause I knew what room they were in, I stopped what I was doing, got up and just pointed down the hallway and told him the room number and described to him where it was at. He says okay and then I walk back to my desk and think nothing of it. Then about 5 mins later he comes up and asks if i could put in a movie for him. I was thinking, is this kid serious?? What 12 year old boy doesn't know how to turn on a basic T.V. and put in a movie! I've seen 5 year olds do it! So I grudgingly said "sure" and headed back with him...
we walk into the playroom and he closes the door behind him, a door that I have never seen closed. I shrug it off and begin to tell him how to turn on the t.v.
"o.k. Riley, all you have to do is hit the power button right here,"
He cuts me off mid sentence and very nervously (with his face pale and splotchy red) says,
"um, uh can I ask you something?" -Riley
"Sure! What is it?" -Me
"You are really beautiful!" -Riley
"Aw that is really sweet of you to say. Thank you for that" -Me
then I turn on the t.v. and start showing him the movie selection naming a few that he might want to watch. In the middle of listing some he cuts me off again and says-
"um well since you're really beautiful, you must know how to kiss" -Riley
"well I'm older and married, so yea, I guess I know how..."
I am completely blown away at this point!!
he then says
"well do you think you could teach me??" -Riley
I NEARLY DIED!!!!!!!!!
I said-
"Well I'm married and I don't think my husband would appreciate that. You will learn one day when your older and married too"
"Oh. uh ok." -Riley
I just threw in whatever movie we had and left!! I ran and told one of the girls I work with and then she went and told everyone else! Needless to say at the end of the day we were all in the breakroom, Doctors included, and they wanted me to tell the story again. It was hilarious!!! Probably one of the craziest things that has ever happened to me!! Can you believe the nerve of that 12 year old boy?!?! To not only talk to a women ten years older, but to talk to me like he did!!! I couldn't believe it!
I am honestly worried for him! We are all giving him the benefit of the doubt thinking that maybe he has a crush at school and is nervous to kiss her so he wanted to know how?? I don't know.
All I know is that I will never forget this for the rest of my life!
I am Grateful for...
1. A husband who knows how to drive in the snow
2. The time we got to spend with family over Thanksgiving break
3. A puppy that did really well at Grandma's house!
4. Toast and chocolate milk
5. The GEO!!! -that will be for another blog post
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






Haha!!! That's too funny. I told spencer and he couldn't believe that a 12 yr old didn't know how to kiss... and that this all happened. :)
ReplyDeleteI was nervous reading this story. I thought he was going to try something crazy after closing that door. Kids are way too gutsy these days. That's kinda cute that he asked but kinda scary.
ReplyDelete